Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New years resolutions

One of my new years resolutions was to blog more. Unfortunately, I have epically failed at this in the first 11 days of 2011. My bad.

So I will start by re-capping the last month of our lives, or what I can remember anyways.

How could i forget, my BFF Melissa came to visit. This was in the beginning of November, so not technically within the last month but still a very important event. We had a true Main-ah weekend, and went to a field in the middle of no where and made Melissa shoot a gun for the first time. It was so redneck, and i’m pretty sure she thought she was going to die the whole time. IMG_1033

IMG_1026

IMG_1039

We started December with a quick jaunt to NYC. I have always wanted to go at Christmas time and my sweet husband  made it happen, mostly because I made him take me. Unfortunately for me, the rest of America also likes to go to NYC at Christmas. We had a fabulous trip, even though we had a cab issue ( we were too far away from where we are trying to go, seriously?) which resulted in me walking 2 miles crying the whole way. But, you can’t let that ruin a trip can you?

After NYC we headed to ATL for our family Christmas, and a friends wedding. In true Jennifer and Patrick style, we drove overnight to get there and to return to Maine. We were there for 5 days, but it seemed more like 20 minutes. We saw lots of friends and were very busy. This included trips to Chick-fil-a, Moes, and publix  for subs. Lord, I miss those places. Then we drove back, overnight, again. I drove a total of about 4 hours the entire time, sorry Patrick.

We had a “White Christmas” here in Maine, with just the 3 of us. Abby included. It was “white”, because it had snowed sometime in November, and the snow never melts. It just piles up, and turns brown and nasty and gets all over your pants.

Christmas 012 Thats me in the brown jacket, the day after Christmas on a hike with the neighbors and our dogs.

I was lucky enough to get a new job this December as well, so the month has included me working, a lot.

For New Years my brother in law, and my soon to be sister in law come up for a visit. We headed to Bar Harbor, which is totally different in the winter. We explored parts of Acadia Natl park, and went to one of the only 3 restaurants open in the town for dinner/new years. We had a fabulous time!

I am sure I am missing some things, but ill have another post in a few minutes after i frantically clean the house and cook dinner. Which is what I was supposed to be doing today, but instead i chose to sit on the couch and watch hours of TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment