Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It looks like I ate an entire turkey…

We are going to be busy in July. We will be moving, somewhere… that part is still undecided. Maybe Atlanta maybe Bangor, ME. Patrick will be starting a new job- that also is still undecided. We have a wedding to attend. Our 4th anniversary will be coming up in August. Oh, and I will be having a baby! Location and state TBD. We are so very excited to be adding to our little family. Even Abby is super excited- she told me today as she was dragging my pregnant ass through the blizzard so she could eat the snow and then pee on my bath mat. Diana ( the SIL) introduced me to a blog that had a pregnancy weekly update. With my track record of blog postings, i can’t promise that it will be every week but probably more often than every 2 months.

How far along: 14 weeks today.

How big is the baby: according to my iphone app its a lemon

Total weight gain: yeah, right. Even I don’t want to know that information.

Maternity clothes: not really, but i ordered some online the other day. When sitting for long periods of time, i unbutton my pants. Occasionally even when not sitting i unbutton my pants, until I realize the zipper is falling down and then i just feel awkward.

Cravings/Get it out of here: not at this second, although I could go for a cupcake. Perhaps this is why i will not be sharing my weight gain numbers. I was having a hard time in the first part of the pregnancy, everything made me want to vomit. Unless it was fried or bad for me then i wanted it. I went through a Wendy’s double stack phase, as well as a subway veggie sub phase and pizza is always ok.  I was nauseous, all day everyday. I tried to make asparagus and broccoli for Patrick one night and ended up gagging over the sink. Veggies were completely out of the question.

funny things:

every time i brush my teeth i gag.

every time i pick up Abby poop, i gag. I was on the phone with my mom one day while doing this lovely activity. She thought it was hilarious.

Sleep: yes please, no problems yet. except i have to pee all the time.

movement: not yet

What I miss: nothing yet. Perhaps i miss not gagging in public places. Oh.. i almost forgot. Anyone that knows me, knows that i love TLC/A&E and any programming that involves people with problems. TLC’s new show- Strange addictions. I was so excited to watch tonight's episode. The girl that eats laundry detergent. Sadly this episode includes the girl that picks out her hair and eats the hair follicle.( just gagged a little) Obviously I cannot watch this as it is disgusting on so many levels. This would have never bothered me before, but now… i just cant deal.

Best moment this week: I was wearing tights and a fitted top. The neighbor says “ oh hey Homozel” and patted my stomach. then patrick told me I was looking more “rotund”. Which in husband land is a compliment. Apparently I am looking more pregnant, and less like I just swallowed the entire contents of my fridge.

Let me expand on the “Homozel” idea. When Patrick was at college, there was a building that was the “Homozel Mikel something or other” building. He always joked that he wanted to name one of his children that. So clearly, we had to nickname the little one in utero this. Most people stick with “peanut” or something like that… not us.

What I am looking forward to: Shamelessly sticking my stomach out, and rocking my new gap maternity jeans.

Pregnancy rant: I’m good for now. But when I get heated about something, ill let you know.

No pictures yet, none that I’m sharing anyways- but just imagine me.. with a puffy face, a slightly larger ass, and a stomach that sticks out over my pants. I’m a lovely sight, but its all for a good purpose!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and Patty! You two are going to be such amazing parents!

    I love you with all my heart and I couldn't be happier for ya! I can't wait to meet her/him in July!!!!! AUNT COCO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your funny stories! I too am soooo excited about this amazing Grandbaby who will be an awesome blend of two of my most favorite people in the entire world ( yes, I am prejudiced!) Looking forward to many more postings as the belly grows. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for bumpdates...finally! Keep them up this time...or I'll give you a serious guilt trip! How else am I supposed to keep up with my future niece/nephew's progress much less his/her's mama's!??! Love youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I shared and basically forced you to do this!!! Can't wait till the next post!! love you!

    ReplyDelete