Friday, April 15, 2011

The Nursery!

It seems like most people expecting their first baby always post pictures of the nursery and the progress that is being made on the decorations, painting, putting the crib together, ect. So here is our current nursery!

nursery

Not quite sure where the crib is going to go, we just can’t decide. This corner has so much space to work with. I just hope the baby doesnt mind sharing its space with a sewing machine and a rubbermaid of clothes that no longer fit me.

We are so prepared for this child, we have one outfit and some burp cloths. That’s sufficient right? We do have some more things, but they are still back in Atl because we couldn’t fit stuff in our carry on luggage after our last trip.

I’m trying my best to not let this stress me out. I’m just really hoping right now that we don’t end up having the baby in West Virginia and staying at an extended stay hotel for a few weeks. I’m just not sure I can deal with that.

It will all work out, and I know that. But seriously ya’ll, think how you might feel.

So things have been pretty quiet here in Waterville. I’ve just been working nights which means that i’m pretty much tired all the time. We actually went out with some friends last weekend, so our social agenda has been filled for the month. I think this weekend we might go grocery shopping, pretty exciting stuff. Maybe we can squeeze in a little Target too.

We did go on a nice picnic last weekend at Colby College. We listened to the braves game on Patrick’s phone, Abby wandered around eating sticks, and we ate some PB&J sammies. It was just really nice to finally be able to get outside and enjoy the sun. It had been a few months since we had seen it.

I had a MD appt on Friday and things are going well. He confirmed that I am fat and i still have 3 months to go.  I cant really say this was a surprise to me. I go back next Friday for my glucose tolerance test to see if i have gestational diabetes.  I really hope i don’t. That would be unfortunate. I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now, which I am excited about. If I could go to the doctor every day I would like it. Just to check in, you know.

I guess we might move doctors down to Lewiston ( where we would have the baby if still living in Maine) after this next appt. That will give us some time to get slightly acquainted with a new doctor and they have more education classes like breastfeeding and birthing classes. Instead of the once a month deal here in Waterville.

We get to head back to ATL next month and I am beyond excited! I have a few lovely people who are throwing me some fabulous baby showers. The end of April will be busy as well as May. We are going to visit Dan and Lindsey in 2 weeks, then we go to Atl, then we are taking a small babymoon to the beach here in Maine, then Dan’s graduation festivities! I’m so looking forward to having things to do.

That’s about all for now, I need to finish the laundry and then take a nap. Gotta work tonight, yay for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment