Thursday, February 17, 2011

It might be a bad thing if…

Is it a bad thing if your doctor tells you, “you should stay pregnant forever so you can keep entertaining me.” I can’t decide. I’m sure they talk about me when I leave that office. But the way I look at it, I cant be the worse patient they have and hopefully they think I am funny crazy not like crazy, crazy.

So our appointment went well yesterday. The nurse practitioner answered a bunch of my questions, regarding how things work at a rural hospital. I have been concerned about delivering at the hospital where my doctors are located. There is not staff in hospital 24 hours a day who can do c-sections, the doctors have to drive in if the need arrives. I was told they can be there within 15 minutes but that seems like a long time. There are no pediatricians or NICU staff on site if they baby has respiratory issues or needs resuscitation. Whoever is on call will be the one to deliver the baby, and that ranges from a doctor, to a nurse practitioner who will be just starting to deliver babies. I’m thinking we will be changing hospitals, we just need to make a decision… Patrick thinks i’m slightly neurotic and crazy, but like he said yesterday, he just doesn’t know what kind of questions need to be asked. Where I, thanks to nursing school am aware of all the things that can go wrong.

I get my 20 week ultrasound next Thursday, when my mom will be here! This would be where we would see the sex of the baby, but we are going to stay strong and not find out if little Homozel is a girl or a boy.  I just want to know that everything is ok, and the little tike is happy and healthy. According to the doppler yesterday the heart rate is 160 and we have a very active little baby on our hands. You can hear swishing movements and thats the baby just kinda floating and moving around. I can occasionally feel these movements, some days more than others, but i do enjoy feeling movement it lets me know things are ok.

How far am I : 18 weeks 5 days today!

weight gain- sure, but only 2lbs more than last time I was there, yay for that! and my pants still fit.well, my maternity pants still fit.

movement: yes! most days i feel at least something, but its not very consistent. The NP said yesterday that they don’t worry about kick counts until around 28 weeks.

cravings: nothing in particular right now, but i could always go for pizza. Last week I would have killed someone for waffle house, or just anywhere that serves pancakes during the day. I was almost in tears because there was no where to eat pancakes.

Names: we cannot decide, and probably wont decide until this little baby comes out. Although I did pick out a coming home outfit if it happens to be a girl. Did you know they make newborn little white shorts. I could die they are so cute.

nausea: It has been soooo much better. Although Abby has had a bit of a tummy ache recently and pooped in the bedroom yesterday. I gagged while cleaning that up. Patrick was holding a shirt over my face as a mask, it was a site to see.

sleeping: still sleeping ok, nothing out of the usual for me. I always wake up thinking I have missed the alarm.

I think thats about it for now, i cant thing of anything else really interesting to share. Anyone have and questions? just leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...I have a question...ARE YOU EVER GOING TO CALL ME BACK? I am feeling neglected!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete