Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How bout them apples

Ill start off by saying, that my computer is officially crap. I have an issue with technology and Patrick decided it might be a good idea to retire my computer for the time being before I throw it out the window.

So anyways, steve-o and Kpo came to visit a few weeks ago. We met up with them in Freeport in the pouring rain.The whole outdoor outlet mall is a lot more charming when it is not raining. After drying out we cooked some Lobsters for dinner, which we are becoming professional lobster murderers. Once again we bought them from a shack on the side of the road. This is a totally acceptable practice up here, but if someone was selling seafood on the side of the road in Marietta I would assume that it has some type of poison.

On Saturday we went to pick some apples at a pick your own farm around here. It was such a nice day out, and I felt very new englandy picking my own apples.

CIMG2817 here is a picture of the apple trees. Does anyone else think its weird that apples grow on trees?

CIMG2822  I was a professional apple picker.

After picking more apples than we knew what to do with, we headed to a pub in downtown Skowhegan and sat outside overlooking the river for some lunch. It was a cute little place. It came complete with entertainment in the form of what I am assuming was a homeless man and his homeless friend. It was sad, I suppose. This crazy- kept talking about how he DOVE, not jumped, off of the bridge over the river. Ok, if he had really done that, I'm pretty sure he would not have been standing there, alive, telling us that story. Thank the lord he decided to bother another table of people because I really just wanted to enjoy my chicken cesar wrap.

In true Porter fashion we had some Mexican for dinner, completing our trend of eating our way through the weekend. It was such a short trip but it was so good to see my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment