Friday, September 24, 2010

Abby goes to Boston

So Patrick had a continuing education course on Implant dentistry in Boston this week. This trip was funded by the government, thank you Togus VA hospital. We even drove a government Impala, which kinda sounded like the wheels were going to fly off, but its not our car so I dealt. Also, it is a government vehicle, so what did I expect.

The Sheraton in downtown is a pet friendly hotel, so of course we brought Abby. Although, I'm pretty sure pet friendly means having a yorkie in your purse. Not an 80 golden retriever. But they didn't specify. Their fault, not ours. Hauling the dog brought its own challenges but I had a good time hanging out with the pup. She rode the elevator, the subway, met some homeless people (which according to Jinks on MTV, they actually prefer to be called “houseless”) got snuck into an apartment, and ate dinner and lunch outside tied up to a fence or a tree, depending on what was available. She was even there with me when I got talked into “adopting” a child from a 3rd world country, I mean for only $22 a month they can get health care and go to a private school! Patrick did not understand this argument, and I didn’t do quite as good of a job selling the idea as the guy on the street. Basically, I had to un-adopt a poor child. Not a super fun phone call to make.

Anyways, we had a really good time. Visiting with Dan and Lindsey and just hanging out in the city, with a dog in tow.

Here are a few pictures from our adventure!

harvard Abby rode the T, like a champ. People either loved her or were wondering what the hell she was going on the subway.

au bon pan Lindsey and I had lunch outside, sammies with Boarshead meat. Lord, I miss good sandwich meat. Abby sat on a cement bench next to me, staring at my food while the street performer played in the background and a woman sat on the side of the street breastfeeding. We certainly don't have that type of thing going on here in Waterville, me.

tired abby Doesn’t she look tired? I guess walking around a city, smelling all sorts of crap, and getting petted by strangers can really take it out of a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment