Monday, August 9, 2010

Mt. Keno, because I cant remember the actual name

Mt. Keno
Scary fire tower, on top of a mountain
On top of the fire tower, i'm pretty sure thats Canada in the background



Its been a while since I have posted, mostly because I was hoping for my computer to get fixed by my want-to-be-nerd husband. I don't have a good track record with technology, in fact most things that I own seem to break. I still refuse to acknowledge that this is my fault. I believe that I just always get the "lemon". Anywho... This weekend I had to get the hell out of our apartment because I thought I was going crazy, so we took a day trip to Mount. Keno. I shall call it. This is not the correct name, but no one really cares about the name of it. It is a mountain in the middle of a ginormous lake. We had originally thought we would kayak ( in our inflatable boat) over to the mountain. After arriving I quickly shot down that idea. This "lake" is more like an ocean, giant waves and freezing cold. I just really didn't think it was a good idea to pack up a bunch of stuff, including ourselves and the dog and head out into the open water. Why do that when we can pay $1o/person and ride a nice enclosed boat, that you don't have to paddle yourself. So we got on the ferry and got dropped off on this mountain/island. Then we headed up to the top. For a while I thought I was going to die by either a. falling off the side or b. not being able to breathe. But, the dog was doing the trail ( with a little bribing and a few butt pushes up the rocks) so why couldn't I? We got to an opening and hung out for a while and It was really an incredible view, another .5 miles away was the summit of the mountain. I guess Patrick had told me about a fire tower at the top, but apparently I wasn't really listening. We walk up to a rickety old fire tower and I was supposed to climb to the top. Normally I'm not really scared of heights but this one got me. A rusty old fire tower on top of a mountain... sure, lets climb up to the top. It was a little scary but we got some pictures and headed on back down. After climbing back down, letting Abby go for a little swim, and ferrying back to the mainland we headed onto Greenville, Maine and got some dinner and a beer at a cute little restaurant over looking Moosehead lake. Here are some pictures from our adventure. Again, I cannot format correctly.my bad.

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are amazing! You are so very lucky! Your family is so cute...you three! I love it!Wow that place looks gorgeous! LUCKY GIRL!!! Enjoy it! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete